Saturday 1 February 2014

Still waters run deep

No matter how dry or bleak the night gets,
Superfly on repeat, no end of the fight yet
the whale is my nemesis
vengeance my police,
beyond the mad sheep I hustled my fleece

the sun's too hot, the land's too cold
the richness of memory obscured in the fold
beside all the beasts a land with no colour
goddamn it man the plan of no other
I run my own ship, fuck what you heard
ribs broke, skull crushed in by the herd
another word for coward is compromise
stare death in the face with sober wide open eyes

hitch up, shots off, open wounds in the switch up,
I took the cash in the bag, ducking low in the mix up,
beats for criminals trying to clean up the street
bodies hung inside meat lockers, vanish discreet
on my way from the country on a shadowy fleet
the man on my passport says he's from Crete

unstoppable animal hail from Canada
fuckers complain but the cold isn't bad enough
by the middle of January everyone's had enough
in three feet of snow stand screaming I'm mad enough
you live your life once with no chance of a repeat
and you waste every minute stuck to the tv
fuck you're all frail, sickly and mild mannered
on the worst day alive I wouldn't throw down my hammer
I'd drive spikes in the earth and build a line across time and space
from the location of now to the destination the mind encased
mensch to mensch squared not tense or impaired
face chiaroscuro lit by a flair
there's no beauty but tragedy
mountains from tremors
no triumph but struggle
gilded by tenners
operatic proportions and a ribald propensity
there's nothing left here but the fire forging what's meant to be
that's what meaningless meant to me
in the glare from the moonlight
try to make it cohere
our culture hero broken, paralyzed fear
mind riddled by rot
might never stand strong
maybe's he's forgot
aight
but he attempted to engage the whole thing with his thought, right?

Writing cryptic riddles
for cats with their fiddles
no one understands if stuck in the middle
vision particulars communicate ill
drink from pleroma drunk from your fill
nothing else matters but determination
in the face of foreboding
lost out in space
slap my thighs goading
all you little poets to throw down your pens
you can only contemplate truth
when wearing Depends
all this talk about Zen
a heron descending
on a fish in the river
all your foolishness blending
in a deeper mythology you don't understand
worn like a t-shirt you bought from a band

I'm drunk and unbeaten freetstyling a battle rap
its February bitches RJ's bringing the trouble back

No comments:

Post a Comment