Wednesday 9 October 2013

Royal-Joe's Ghost Pepper Revenge Sauce


Que music.

I harassed the public with it; held entire city's ransom with its wrath.  Children cried, parents helpless beside them, stupefied by the tremendous girth of their own suffering.  Colossal traffic upheavals caused by the blindness instilled by the simple rubbing of an eye.  For my hand in bringing fire to the humans I was punished by the gods, chained under a giant mountain of woe whilst a Wild Turkey pecked at my liver.  It was there my torment germinated into a new sauce.  A richer sauce.  One with bolder flavors and silky edges that caress idly while the horrified mind watches as the tongue burns down to embers.

When I emerged from that hell, the first thing I did was this:

- scorch three red bell peppers on open flame or under a broiler until skin is completely black, remove the seeds
- scorch half a quart of ghost peppers, stemmed, until skin is completely black, reserving the other half of the quart for later
- slice one large whole Spanish onion and mince 10 cloves of garlic
- combine blackened ghost peppers, onion and garlic in a sauce pot with two and 1/2 cups of apple cider vinegar, bring to a boil, reduce to a simmer for 15 minutes
- add the blackened red peppers to the pot and the remaining half quart of ghost peppers, stemmed but not seeded
- puree with an immersion blender or food processor
- salt and pepper to taste



Nay! Not in the Classical age, nor in the books of Nietzsche, nor even on the date of my birth: this, this is the birth of tragedy!  The true magma that flows through my loins!  Revenge! Revenge!

No comments:

Post a Comment